1. Please introduce yourself?
Hello all. My name is Lasonia Graves. I am in my early forties and I was born and raised in Tennessee (outside of Memphis). I currently reside there with my husband and son, and I am a stay at home mom.
2. Why did you decide to blog and how long have you been blogging?
I am still a newbie, and have been blogging for a little less than a year. Blogging was a way to share my love of natural hair and beauty. I wanted a platform that would showcase natural women and encourage others who were natural to love and embrace
their hair as well. I also wanted to be able to provide useful information on how to care for natural hair.
3. How did you come up with the name We Natural Gurlz for your blog? Initially, I came up with We Natural Gurlz as my Instagram name. I wanted to showcase women rocking their natural hair with different textures and styles so I thought the name was suitable. I then decided to incorporate the name into my blog as well.
4. Do you have any kids? How many, and are any diagnosed with any special needs?
Yes I do. I have a handsome 7 year-old son, who was diagnosed with autism at the age of 3.
5. How long have you been Natural? Why did you go Natural? Also did you slowly transition, or did you do a big chop?
I have been natural for almost 9 years and love the versatility of natural hair. Making the decision to go Natural was smart because I was tired of spending my WHOLE Saturday at the hair salon. I decided to big chop because I did not want to go through the transitioning phase. I am currently wearing a TWA. When my hair is longer I typically do a wash and go, and so far throughout my journey, I have not been able to master the twist-out. I typically big chop every year, or so, because I like to switch things up.
6. What is your favorite natural hair product line to use at the moment and why?
Currently my favorite line is Jane Carter Solution Curls to Go. Since I am wearing my hair short right now, I like how the Untangle Me Weightless Leave-In that hydrates my hair. I also enjoy how the Shine On Curl Elixir adds a nice sheen to my hair.
7. What are your favorite 3 forms of self-care?
My top three forms of self-care would be binge watching my favorite TV shows . Since I don’t get to watch most shows the night that they come on so I set aside specific nights to catch up on my shows. Some of my favorites are This Is Us, Blackish, Grownish, Chicago PD, and Chicago Fire. Netflix is also a favorite of mine for catching up on shows. I enjoy reading a good book and getting a mani/pedi after a day of shopping.
8. What are your top 3 ways to manage stress?
I manage stress by unplugging (I try to take frequent breaks from social media). I also enjoy a relaxing bath while listening to jazz. My favorite way to manage stress though, is to write in my journal.
So there you have it! Isn’t she down to earth? If you are not already following the We Natural Gurlz blog and across social media, make sure you do so. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to olenarosanne.com for more features with wonderful female entrepreneurs.
Source: Olena Rosanne